Tuesday, March 6, 2007

more about me

date of birth: 08/20/1960
place of birth: New York City
I was adopted as an infant by Lewis and Anne Epple, since my birth parents were unmarried. The Epples are Lutherans who from 1966 until 1976 were not members of a church.
I was named “Lee Scott Epple” by my adopted parents, however I have since changed my name legally. I chose the name “Jacob Stein” following my conversion since it is easy to pronounce and spell and it is a common Jewish name.
I met my birth mother, Ann DuBois, on 6/6/1996. My adoption agency, Spence Chapin, introduced us.
Except for my nine years in Israel from 1977 until 1986 I have always lived within 30 miles of my place of birth.
education:  11 years in American government funded schools, mostly at Little Tor Elementary School and Clarkstown Senior High School North
9 years rabbinical seminary in Israel, primarily in Bnei Brak
profession: 7/1987 - 10/2009 computer programmer
            9/2011 - 5/2012 aide for special needs child
6' 1" tall, blue eyes, brown hair, prematurely grey
converted to Judaism on 3/23/1977 under the auspices of Rabbi Moshe Feinstein obm
During my years in Bnei Brak, I was fortunate to become well acquainted with the Steipler obm.
ordained as an Orthodox rabbi by Rabbi Nissim Karelitz Bnei Brak, Israel 11/10/1984
Member of American Mensa

Supporting documents:
conversion certificate
rabbinical ordination
American Mensa acceptance letter

No comments: